Friday, October 27, 2006

But will you let me follow?

French word of the day; Adorer.
This one's not hard! It means 'to adore'. c:
To say 'I adore you.' say, "J'adore tu."
To say 'I adore her/him.' "J'adore elle/il."

Song of the day; 'I'll Follow You into the Dark' by Deathcab for Cutie.

I drew a picture based on that song awhile back. It's a cutesy one though, which is odd, because it's not a song I consider cutesy.


My friend Selah and I were hanging out, drawing and listening to music, and I made her listen to that song. Well, she loved it, so we listened to it on repeat for a few hours or so. (we have a bad habit of listening to one song over and over.) She REALLY loves that song, so that's one thing we really have in common. c: She says it might be her wedding song someday.

We did a collaboration picture based on it but it's not quite finished and ready for posting yet.

On a completely random note, I wrote this poem the other day. I didn't like it when I wrote it but I like it better now. I especially like the last two verses. (or whatever paragraphs are called in poetry...)

Falling.

I know this path and it’s just no good
It’s full of traps for the heart
Pull down off the petals and pick your path
I should, I shouldn’t, I should;
It’s déjà vu and here’s the best part
I can’t, I shouldn’t, I could.

It takes one to know one and two to crash,
And it’s always the same and the same,
It’s a whirl of chaos and screaming of brakes
And a sickening spin off the lane.
We call it love but there’s always a catch,
It’s kills but it makes such a beautiful smash.

I’ve fallen and I can’t get up
I’m flying and I can’t get down
I’m blind and I’m bound,
And I can’t make a sound,
But it’s love and it’s laughter and lust,
darling I’m falling and I can’t get up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home