Sunday, April 29, 2007

The "me" poem

Technically, this is a poem about my room. After school everyday, my friends all come over to my house. We check stuff on the internet, watch movies, gossip, and drink coffee. Sometimes my friends will come over even when I'm gone!

But after writing this, I realized that this poem described me more than it described my room. It's hard to explain, but this poem shows the way I see life, the way people see me, and the way I see myself. Even the sing-songy rhyme scheme is relevant to me. I'm not sure if I've posted it before- it's rather old...


Charlie's Cafe

The coffee’s four lumps
and a hint of mint,
And the room looks just fine
providing you squint.
it's the same old same old
but it don't cost a dime,
Everything's free
but the fee of your time.
We've got internet here
at Charlie's cafe,
you've got to take turns
but you don't got to pay.
We’ve got no money
but talk here is cheap,
It’s laden with secrets
and regrets and we keep,
Everyone drops by,
it’s two streets away,
And the coffee’s the best here
at Charlie’s café.

Speaking of coffee, my coffee pot almost BROKE this weekend. I said some harsh things to it, too. I apologized later, but I think it really affected our relationship. My dad fixed it up... luckily...

Oh! Also, I joined Neopets again! They made some huge site changes, so I decided to give it a go. Here's my user lookup. Surprisingly, the name Sunspots was free. C:

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Charlie's Cafe! How come I never get invited? Oh yeah, I'm your wholesaler. xoxo

5/08/2007 10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home