Wednesday, June 13, 2007

"Last time we talked, Mr. Smith..."

"...you reduced me to tears. I promise you, it won't happen again.

Do I attract you?
Do I repulse you with my queasy smile?
Am I too dirty?
Am I too flirty?
Do I like what you like?

I could be wholesome
I could be loathsome
I guess I'm a little bit shy
Why don't you like me?
Why don't you like me
without making me try?"

That's the begining of Grace Kelly, the song, not the princess. Someone on Livejournal said that song reminded them of Shawn/Lassiter. That pairing wins the internet, so I'm inclined to agree.

If you don't know, I'm talking about the tv show Psych.

Okay, my theory on the psychology of the pairing. Mom, don't read this. You wont agree with me. XD


Okay. I think the common theory would be that Shawn is the... perpetrator? Wrong word, but close. Anyways, MY theory is that Lassie is intrigued and attracted to Shawn, at the same time resenting him, which is probably why Mylar fans are also driven to this pairing.

The kicker is, though, that Shawn ALSO likes Lassie. Unfortunately, although Lassie denies it, he DOES believe that Shawn in psychic. He also thinks that whenever Shawn flirts with him, that he's just teasing him, having read his mind. AHA. Pairing totally justified.

Also, I vaguely remember something slashable involving a fortune cookie from the series finale. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I'm fuzzy on the details, but I remember that my slash sensors went wild.

It becomes an art, it really does. Wear the slash goggles for a few years... every pairing just becomes obvious. It's actually CONFUSING to me when people don't see them. XD

And, because I have way too many oekakis and I haven't uploaded any art, he's a couple of them-







Wow, actually... that was all of them. Well. No LassieShawn, I'm sure you're all devastated, but I'm sure I'll get to it soon. C:


Question of the day: How can one be "violet sky" or even "purple" at all, for that matter? Is it just a convenient rhyme? Is that all he could come up with?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home